25 July, 2007

Mini-psychoses? Or just maudlin?


One danger of being an emotional basketcase due to this whole dog-fostering thing is that a person might just be having kind of mini-psychotic breaks in which she feels that various things out there in the world are talking to her. In particular, iTunes. In particular particular, song lyrics.

As I'm listening to my iTunes 'five star' playlist of my current favorite tunes, my attention keeps being caught by song lyrics that seem to be directed at me and my feelings toward Roxie and the puppies. For example:

Willie Nelson, from the song 'Will you remember mine':
I have sat 'neath the trees while the cool summer breeze
blew away the sands of time
and thought of days when you were there,
remembering when you were mine.'
Gone are the times that I held you,
held your hand in mine
now when you hold another's hand,
will you remember mine?


(NOTE: I do realize that puppies don't have hands. But 'paws' doesn't work so well in a song lyric, I think. )

The Reindeer Section, from the song 'Budapest':
His little hand round my thumb
Makes me warm and numb
I hold my breath and smile
and hope it stays for a while


The Field Mice, from the song 'Willow':
Don't you
Go thinking
I never did
Love you


There are more. But I shouldn't obsess about this - right?

1 comment:

collfitz said...

beautiful post, avf.