23 July, 2007

The other part of fostering ...

One of the reasons I feel so drained after today is that today is the day that I sent out the 'adoptable puppies' message to as many listservs and friends as I could think of. And we've had two people so far express an interest in adopting a puppy.

Which makes real to me the fact that we're going to have to give these puppies up. Which is the right thing to do, and what we both agree we HAVE to do. But it's going to be so hard. We are just not emotionally equipped to give dogs up - it goes against everything we feel we want to do. So, the next few weeks are going to be full of tears as well as delights.

*Sniff*

2 comments:

collfitz said...

Yeah, I hear you. Just looking at the photos brings it all back to me, and I only hung out with them for an afternoon. :(

Patep said...

how sad!! I'm bummed that I probably won't get to meet these guys when we get there in October!!

it'll be hard... but it's the right thing for y'all to do. you've been great parents! they wouldn't be around if it weren't for you! :-(